Saturday, January 1, 2011

Greetings...

It's 2011 and I've decided to be completely self-indulgent and start a blog.  There is really no reason other than my love for music, audio, and the various objects that help us create and capture sonic vibrations.  I have had difficulty relating to many others (...or I should say that I've found that many others have experienced difficulty relating to me) in regard to musical preference and ideals of quality...essentially what makes a piece of music or audio good.  I am hoping the power of the internet may connect me with the few other people in the world who at least sometimes will hear what I hear...and if not, respectfully challenge me to hear it differently.

What can you expect?  Bluntly, my opinion and impressions of records, musicians, audio production, mixing, mastering, sound design, instruments, concerts, musical and recording equipment and technique, and anything else audio-related that happens to interest me in some way.  A forewarning...my sonic palate is complex, so expect to see a post about Feist next to one about Behemoth, and a discussion of accordion next to one on sweep picking.  I realize this makes for a less distinguished blog, subject matter-wise, but I can't help it.

What do I expect?  I yearn for new, interesting, unusual, inspired (and inspiring) music.  This blog will be the vehicle for my research, exploration, and development.  In many ways it'll serve as a reminder to myself to focus more of my time and energy on the things that I love to do.

Happy New Year.  Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment